Participants: Businesspeople, public sector representatives, experts, civil society representatives & Press
Project titled “Improvement of Customs Union for Fair Trade and Competitiveness of SMEs” of TURKONFED, supported by the European Union, aims to bring the update of the Customs Union agreement between Turkey and the EU to the agenda of both parties as well as present policy recommendations for SMEs to maximise their benefit from the updating process.
We would be delighted with your participation at this event which will be organized on Thursday, 16 January 2020 between 13:30-16:30. Simultaneous translation will be offered.
13:30 – 14:00 Registration
14:00 – 14:30 Opening Speeches
- Ali Avcı, Vice President, TÜRKONFED
- Bahadır Kaleağası, Secretary General , TÜSİAD
- Bartosz Przywara, Economic Counsellor, Head of Trade and EU Policies, EU Delegation to Turkey
- Arzu Kütükçüoğlu, Head of Department of Single Market and Trade, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Foreign Affairs Directorate for EU Affairs
- Bahar Güçlü, Deputy Director General at DG for International Agreements and European Union, Republic of Turkey Ministry of Trade
14:30 – 16:00 Panel: “New Perspectives on the Modernization of the Customs Union”
- Çiğdem Nas (Moderator), Secretary General, Economic Development Foundation
- Pelin Yenigün Dilek, Turkey Report Author
- Erik Szedely, Slovakia Report Author & Brussels Representative, BAS
- Sinan Ülgen, Chairman, EDAM
- Nilgün Arısan Eralp, Director of EU Studies Center, TEPAV
16:00 – 16:30 Discussion
Please RSVP to this event through the following emails: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com Alternatively, you may rsvp via the +90 0212 251 7300.